Friday, September 7, 2012

What I wish Obama would say

What I wish Obama would say:
This week, President Obama will say that Americans are better off because of Big Government and we should reelect him so he can continue to make our lives better. Here's what I wish Obama would say:
"I was wrong to expand government the way I have. I overreached. Modern liberalism put us on an unsustainable course. I will save America by restoring limited government that keeps the peace but then leaves free people alone..."

I believe in social justice. But I believe in Thomas Jefferson's idea of social justice: a free society where people are unimpeded by bureaucrats and politicians; where people freely trade goods and services -- that is, cooperate -- without anyone telling us what to do....

That's genuine liberalism -- original liberalism... Only that can bring us the real hope and change that freedom represents.
The rest of my syndicated column here.

No comments:

Post a Comment